This begins with a small story. I Had Gotten my first name and
All my friends liked it. Then the Management comes and asks me
Politely to change it. It wasn't in any way Racist, Dirty or Upsetting.
But it Was Pratchett. Literally.
So Anyone who Thinks that’s a good idea. Take it from me. DONT.
It would hurt this brilliant websites credibility and, Not to mention,
The fact that Terry will land you with a lawsuit which Will cost you
lots. Terry Pratchett himself comes on this website. Very rarely.
I’ve been on nearly a week and haven’t seen him. But keep an eye out.
Now onto the tips. The first one I want to make very clear:
1. NEVER.EVER. USE TERRY PRATCHETTS NAME OR ANY VARIATION OF IT
(Unless your names terry)
That’s clear? Good.
2. Think of your favourite Discworld Character.
Let’s take Rincewind as a example.
3. Think of all the different things that he/she could be called.
E.g. Rincewind is also: Don’t let him get away, hey you,
P.O.C.&.U.G (Professor of cruel and unusual geography), An apes number
Quite easy to do.
4. Think of all the things he/she says.
e.g.*Screams*, "How do you live with a philosophy like that?"
"Continuously", I wish I wasn’t here, etc.
5. If all else fails, Use the characters clothing.
eg. Wizard's staff, Pointy boots, Red torn robe, Wizzard (already taken)
Pointy hat, etc
If that doesn’t work,
6. Chose another Discworld Character.
e.g. Foul Ol' Ron, Moist Von Lipwig, Nobby nobbs, Azrael,
Esme Weatherwax, William De Worde, etc.
(Just because they don’t play a major part, doesn’t mean you cant
7. You could always use your own boring name, But where's the fun
Hope this helps, Feel free to use any of the suggestions I used
Except For Wizzard for that is taken by one of my friends.
Take care, And happy Thudding!!
Dara (aka Ironfoundersson)