The competition is now closed, but that shouldn't stop you from uploading your banner if you haven't been able to finish in time but want to share it nevertheless.
Please vote for your favourite banner!
Ok, the idea of a thudgame banner competition came up here. I like it, Dewi likes it and plenty other people like it as well, thus it shall be. I offered to organize it, so here we are.
The rules/terms so far are as follows:
1) The aim is to create a banner that promotes thudgame.com. As banners go it should be eye-catching, not too full of stuff, state the site it's promoting and the purpose of the site (in as little text as possible of course).
2) Everyone can enter, with as many banners as you want. Make your banner(s), upload it to the thudgame image gallery (category "Banner competition") and post a link here.
3) Your banner should not be much bigger than 630x180 pixel (8.75x2.5 inch or 22.2x6.4 cm). That's just a guiding value. It can, of course, be smaller than that and, if it really has to, a bit bigger, but as I said, not too much.
4) Please do not use copyrighted images in your banner (unless you own the copyright, of course). We want to promote thudgame, not get it into trouble.
5) Put your name or sign on the banner. Not too big, of course, but it's your piece of art and you have the right to "mark it as your own".
6) How much time do you guys need? I'd suggest 2 or 3 weeks starting tomorrow.
7) When the competition is finished, I'll put all the banners in a new topic, give them a number and put up a poll. In other words, there won't be any judges, you'll get to vote.
8 ) I'm afraid it looks like it'll be a just-for-fun competition, ie there won't be a prize, only satisfaction and the knowledge that people liked yours best. That is because we'd need both our admins to organize the prize and, well, Lee is kind of absent and hard to get hold off...
EDIT: Lee has turned up and promised the winner an as yet undefined amount of thudpoints, which at some point in the future will be worth something again!
9) If you want to put up a banner on your website/blog/whatever you can choose which one, you don't have to take the winner. We'll provide you with the html code, of course.
10) Of course, normal rules such as "Don't copy other people" and "Don't vote for your own banner" etc apply.
I think that was it. If I forgot anything or you've got a question, you can post it here or contact me via pm, messenger, email... Please also tell me how long you think the competition should last.
One more thing: I am organizing this competition, but I'd still like to enter (if I can come up with something). Does anyone have objections to that? If yes, please say so ASAP.
Good luck everybody.